Volunteering

The best experience in my life

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sinbi Kim
      Participant

Hello everyone! I wish to take this opportunity to share one of my favorite volunteering online. To share smiles to those who are isolated during this pandemic and connect the younger generation to the older generation, Empowering The Ages will match your penpal of a different generation to give you a platform to connect with them with an email.

The reality is that it seems easy to live a life of helping and sharing, but it is difficult to put it into practice with real actions. There are many people who live with the idea that if they are better off with a little more money because they like to donate, they should do it later when they have time to spare. It can be said that it is true service that helping others is not because they have a lot of money, but because it comes from their own mind and can be put into practice with the body and mind.

Volunteerism is not about the relationship between the helper and the person who receives the help, but through human deeds, self-realization, that is, finding oneself and achieving oneself, tying up the heart and mind to restore humanity and build a harmonious community. There is something absolutely necessary to revitalize volunteer activities.

There are so many volunteer organizations around us. Medical service that supports neighbors who cannot go to the hospital even though they are sick, talent service that distributes precious talents to those in need, and educational service that supports those who want to learn. Cultural service to help by participating in the event venue, performing arts, public interest activities with a lot of work to do for the public, administrative service to provide business support to institutional groups, counseling service to convey warmth through various consultations such as employment/career/distress, do not know law There are a lot of volunteer organizations around you, such as legal counseling services that help people in need. I hope that more people can share and participate in volunteer activities to create a warmer world.

There is no need to look for anything big. Anything your passion follows, go for it!

Gabriel Mayeden
        Participant

I recently volunteer for fews hours at the COVID-19 Call center in my county and I bear witness it was emotionally and physically rewarding. A simple act of kindness can make a difference in someone’s life. It could just be helping a neighbor carry his groceries up or down the stairs, or just opening a entrance for them. When we volunteer, we are not just helping someone or some people but also identifying our sense of well-being and bringing happiness to ourselves.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.