Who We Are
The AllyU Organization NFP is a safe online space offering support, tools, resources, and volunteer opportunities for all individuals who want to improve their mental health. We are a social network for emotional wellness.
At AllyU, our mission is to help our community members bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be by connecting you to a village of positive and supportive people who understand; who have been there, who are there, who can help you navigate through it.
How We Help
We help by providing resources to get you what you need—shelter, healthcare, emotional support, safety, etc. We help by giving you tools to take control of your life, manage the challenges, discover yourself and feel the sense of accomplishment that comes with helping others do the same.
We help the community by providing a safe space for members to share relevant experiences to inspire other members. Through our forums, live community and our groups, members have multiple ways to share with one another.
One of the most effective ways to help ourselves is to help others. At AllyU, that is the core of our mission—to forge strong Alliances to support each other through life’s trials. Each member offers something valuable to another, and when we combine those forces, the impossible suddenly becomes…possible. That’s power. Power to change.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens
In pursuit of our Mission, we strive to:
- Improve community understanding of the necessity of positive and healthy mental health
- Encourage individuals to believe in their ability to overcome life’s occasional challenges
- Provide education and opportunities to understand and manage mental health
- Provide programs and an environment that supports healing and resilience.
- Encourage and support volunteerism for the good of self, community and cause.
- Strengthen communities and support members by providing an inlet/outlet for social resources for daily living– utility assistance, job skill training, legal aid, etc.
Our Values are the set of core beliefs that guide our actions and behavior.
At AllyU, we believe:
- We should treat others in the way we would like to be treated: The Golden Rule.
- Every person should have access to a safe, positive place to share with others, support others, and learn.
- Every person, regardless of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic status, or sexual orientation, has the right and responsibility to reach full potential in our community and to be treated with compassion, respect, and dignity, free from stigma and prejudice.
- Mental health is essential to personal well-being, and is fundamental to achieving a healthy, balanced, and productive life.
- Resources and education are essential for sustainability and growth as individuals and as a community.
- Helping others is the way to help ourselves. Service to others is a duty and a privilege.
Principles of Being an Ally
al·ly | \ ˈa-ˌlī , ə-ˈlī \: one that is associated with another as a helper : a person or group that provides assistance and support in an ongoing effort, activity, or struggle.
Human beings have needs. Lots of them. It’s no small task, meeting those needs, so when we try to do it alone, we usually fall short. We need allies–people who will listen without judgement, who will let us know we are not alone. We need people to say, “I’ve been there, too, and we will get you through this. Here’s what might help.” At AllyU, our members honestly share, eagerly help, and warmly accept help from others. We boost each other over life’s hurdles. Together, we are our best selves.
This is what it means to be an Ally at AllyU Organization NFP.