Hobbies

The power of your hobbies

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Sinbi Kim
      Participant
        • Having a variety of hobbies is a great investment in itself. Enjoying a hobby is an excellent leisure activity in terms of self-development, but it greatly affects the formation of quality connections. Since this can lead to important business opportunities beyond social activities, the broader and deeper the hobby is, the more advantageous in many ways.

Even if it’s not for business purposes, it’s very enjoyable to immerse yourself in a hobby. It’s one of the best options to value your time. Learning a new foreign language every year and increasing the number of catches by one quarter is a lifelong attitude. I believe that as the years go by, the more you know how to do many things and are not afraid to try new things, then getting older is not a scary thing.

And as you immerse yourself into different hobbies, you could lay off some troubles you have. Storytime! There was a point in my life when I hated everything. The world seemed so unfair, nothing seemed important to me. I wanted to cut off my relationships with my circle, and I eventually deleted all my social media. One day, I was just watching this YouTube video and there was this oil pastel tutorial in my suggestion. 

Without any second thought, I went over and watched the whole tutorial. And again, without realizing it, I went out to the nearest stationery and bought myself a 36 color oil pastel and a sketchbook. I turned on my favorite music and followed that tutorial. It was a bit stressful to see the comparison of the video’s output and mine, but I felt wholesome. 

So I started to look for different hobbies I could pick up. I started to learn how to play chess, I went out for swimming, and collected pretty stones outside. 

So what are yours? What hobbies do you enjoy? 

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.