OCD

OCD is not an adjective.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Sinbi Kim
      Participant

Hi! For today’s post, we are going to discover what Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is all about and debunk some of the common misconceptions of the public.

The kinds of actions that people often associate with OCD, like organizing things or checking things repeatedly may be examples of obsessive or compulsory tendencies that many of us experience sometimes. But, the actual disorder is far rarer and can be debilitating. people affected have little or no control over their obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors.

There is also a misconception that individuals with OCD are unaware of their irrational actions. Many individuals with OCD understand the relationship between their obsession and compulsion well. Having no control of the thoughts and actions despite the awareness of their irrationality is one of the reasons why OCD is so distressing. 

Many of us are well aware of the word OCD. However, not many of us truly understand this disorder. This is why OCD is mistakenly used to describe someone particularly organized. THIS IS NOT THE CASE.🙅‍♂️

I myself knew the concept of OCD. However, my extent of knowledge did not truly understand what people with OCD go through. Until I searched up about what it really is.

“Your shoelaces are untied, my OCD”.

“My eyeliners aren’t matching, my OCD is so triggered”.

THIS IS IGNORANCE.

OCD is not about being a perfectionist.

OCD is not about personality.

OCD is a disorder.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.