Money

What is money to you?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Sinbi Kim
      Participant
        • I have a question to raise: what does money mean to you? To me, I have a love-hate relationship with money. Even though money has a huge impact on our lives, most people don’t have proper education about what money is at home or at school. To me, money is a mirror of yourself. The way the money is spent represents the person as it is. When you collect the receipts and credit card statements you received when using the money for a month, you can see everything of the person who used it. Diet, hobbies, consumption attitude, reading, health status, human relations, etc. for a month, such as thinking, behavior, and personality are all visible. 

Money is an essential tool in our lives. It is an essential element for leading a human life, and an important resource for achieving dreams and realizing self. It is uncomfortable and painful if the minimum conditions for human life, such as food, clothing, and shelter, are not resolved. If you have money, you can buy things you want, such as a good car, do activities you want to do, such as donations or hobbies, and you can study necessary to achieve your dreams. Everyone has a desire to travel to places where they want to go, wearing pretty clothes while eating delicious food in a spacious house. 

However, when money is the criterion for success, you constantly compare yourself to others. Even if your income increases, you want to have more money, so you work harder to make more money. As you put more effort into making more money, you can feel physical exhaustion, illness, and mental stress. You may not be able to chat with your family, meet friends, or run out of free time. 

What is money to me? Is money power or the root of evil? With money, you can do whatever you want and will you be happy? The philosophy of money is not about making more money, but about the right attitude towards money. Why do we make money and why do we have to make money? Why do we need a lot of money? How much money can I make, how much money do I need, and why do I need that much money? In a society dominated by money, can we live by giving without being swung over by money? Money is a mirror of belief. It’s a life that’s only once. Think seriously about how you will use your money and what the true abundance you can enjoy with it!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.