LGBTQ+

Bisexuality and relationships

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashley Hicke
      Participant

As a bisexual woman in a heterosexual relationship, it can be really hard to feel like I’m fully embracing my sexuality. I plan on this relationship being long term, but it can be confusing knowing I will never be able to fully embrace my entire sexuality.

Allison Graham
        Participant

I can somewhat relate because I find myself in this situation now. My current partner is a man, but I have solely dated women for 11 years. I consider myself more pansexual with a high preference to women. Regardless of labels, it’s all about experience. So you may feel you are not “embracing your sexuality” due to lack of experience with whichever gender. However, this is not the case! Some partners are comfortable with you continuing to explore with or without them…. if you have such a trusting relationship it might do you good to open up to him and tell him how you are feeling!
          just my suggestion 🙂

Ashley Hicke
          Participant

I truly appreciate your advice and input, and it’s really nice knowing that people are experiencing similar things. I do have a pretty trusting relationship, so hopefully I can tell him how I feel soon. I just worry he will feel that I’m not fully dedicated to him or content with being only with him, which is definitely not the case.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.