General Discussion

a great quote

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Saleana Y
      Participant

Hi all! I just wanted to share a quote I heard recently that said, “If you don’t heal what hurt you, you’ll bleed on those who never cut you.” I think that this has been a quote that really reflects how I feel about mental health and therapy. I think it’s unfair to hold new people against the pain others have caused, and i’m glad that therapy has taught me to take accountability and focus on healing myself first. What do you guys think?

Hannah Frazier
        Participant

Thanks for sharing that quote Saleana. I’ve never heard that before, but I like it. When I think about that quote, I think about trust. Like getting over a break up. If you don’t heal from the break up, you’ll never allow yourself to open up to anyone else and be happy.

Aimee Buchanan
          Participant

I love that quote. It’s poetic and accurate. It also applies to the displacement of anger when you are angry about something so you lash out at whoever you see first. It’s not fair to that person or to yourself. Healing is a process, but you have to begin that journey to help yourself and those around you.

Gia Jacks
            Participant

I think I’ve heard a poet I follow say something like that before; and I think you’re right. I, too, am in therapy trying to work through some old wounds that I don’t want to affect my future relationships. But wanting to change and getting to the bottom of that pain are two different things. Everyone has their own process and it’s not always easy but I just take it one day at a time.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.