Family

Living at home during COVID

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ashley Hicke
      Participant

I moved home once quarantine began since my university no longer offered housing options and my housing contract was cancelled. At first it was nice being at home, but recently it’s been stressful not having as much independence as I’m used to. It feels like my mom is over my shoulder a lot, but then I also feel guilty when I am not spending much time with her. This really is beginning to weigh on me because this is the longest amount of time I’ve spent living at home since 2018. Has anyone else had to change their living situation as a result of COVID, and is it causing any struggles for you?

Tai Adhikary
        Participant

Yes, this resonates. While I am living close to my parents since covid hit, I often feel guilty for not spending enough time as they would like. I’ve learned to say something along the lines of “I would like to spend more time with you but I won’t feel good unless I do xyz and want to spend the best possible quality time with you” whatever that might be ..even if it’s being in you’re binging TV for the next day. I think I look at it as I want to bring the healthiest version of myself when I am interacting with others and that’s for both of our benefits. Hope that helps a bit!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.