Education

Confidence

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ashley Hicke
      Participant

Do you ever feel like you’re incapable during your educational career despite how hard you work? It feels like I continue to work hard, even sometimes receiving good outcomes, but I still don’t feel like I’m capable of making it very far.

Amy Tillman
        Participant

I really like the title to this post because thats what is boils down for me is to have confidence that your hard work will pay off. Ive learned in life that not a lot of things come easy for me. I must work very hard to get anything. Just about the time Iam feeling like giving up, it turns out it works out. After many experiences of this, I realized this is just how it is for me. Ive come to except it. It used to bother me when seeing friends or other get things so easily. Jobs, love, and life for some people seem to just get it so easily. Once I accepted that is not in the cards for me, I just kept going. Gave myself the courage to go on by telling myself “never give up” and then it works out.

Andrea Lopez
          Participant

Yes, I totally understand where you’re coming from Ashley and Amy. I live with a roommate and it always just seems like everything falls into place for her while I feel like I have to work twice as hard. I have felt this way my whole life but I have accepted it as well and tell myself that when I do reach my goals (or love, or the career, etc.) I will appreciate it twice as much. It isn’t easy to have confidence but I’m learning to give myself more credit and trusting that things will work out one way or another.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.