Depression

Numbness

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Saleana Y
      Participant

Hello!

I just wanted to vent really quick about how to me, the worst part of my depression is when I feel numb. When I’m upset to the point that I just don’t feel anything anymore and life becomes grey, I find that so scary. It really is terrifying what your own brain can do to you

Amy Tillman
        Participant

Thanks for sharing your experience. I know it can be difficult with depression. I have mild depression all the time. Its hard to have emotions, even if its happiness because I just dont feel anything. Numbness is a good word for it. I think of it as my “Meh” emotion. Wish I knew how to put a Meh emoji here.

Christy Christopher
          Participant

Saleana and Amy, thank you for being vulnerable and sharing your feelings and personal experiences with depression. It is a difficult thing to deal with and I have had my own personal struggles with depression in the past. It gets better and know that you’re doing better than you think you are! You’re not alone.

Gia Jacks
            Participant

Thank you guys for sharing.  And I also agree with the way Saleana and Amy with their description of how depression makes them feel. Just the other day I was thinking about when others ask how I am doing. I always say “fine,” because I’m not generally happy/excited but mentally close myself off so that I’m not too sad most of the time. And it has always been like that for me. It wasn’t until I really started therapy that I realized the perpetually limbo-like state I have been in all of these years. It’s still hard to wrap my head around but I know that being aware of it now is important.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.