Depression

Long term or short term

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Allison Graham
      Participant

What’s your depression like… is it long term or short term? And by short term I mean situational… good news is that situational depression can go away with a little hard work! Don’t let the holidays get you down, no matter what time of year it is we can work on depression together. Which type do you think you have and what can you do to help overcome it?

Ashley Hicke
        Participant

I’d say mine is most likely a mix of both. I get situational depression, but sometimes I also get seasonal depression so it lasts a few months. I’ve learned that situational depression usually passes on its own or I can just find ways to bring myself back to reality. I haven’t found a way to deal with my seasonal depression though. I think a big issue is I have been reluctant to try therapy for a long time, so this may be something I should just force myself to do.

Susan Liu
          Participant

Longterm for me

I’ve tried a lot of things, like exercise, trying new hobbies, journaling, therapy, acupuncture, and medication.

I had varying amounts of success with them. Now I’ve decided to accept the episodes when they come

Audrey M
            Participant

Why reluctant about therapy @Ashley?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.