COVID-19

Remember Pre-Covid?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Amy Tillman
      Participant

Almost a year into this pandemic, reflecting back at life pre-Covid almost seems so unbelievable. I took for granted so much, yet such simple things. What was your pre-Covid life like for you? What do you miss the most? What will you forever change? How has Covid changed you for the better?

Saleana Y
        Participant

I think one of the biggest things as a college student was just simply interacting with people. All of my best memories was going out with friends, seeing people in the caf, and traveling. I think without Covid, I wouldn’t have gained a great therapist and a deeper understanding of myself through therapy, but I do know that I don’t miss colds and flus!

Aimee Buchanan
          Participant

I miss the freedom of pre-COVID life. Just being able to go out with friends not having to worry about the implications of that simple action seems so foreign now. It was so easy to make plans, but now we have to wonder who has that person been hanging out with and have they taken the pandemic seriously. There’s so much thought that has to go into a simple interaction, and even the interaction has complexities as to how close you’re going to get, if it’s inside or outside, if masks will be worn. A lot of people are just trying to do what they think is best and are judged for doing too little or too much. The pandemic is a lose-lose for everyone involved. Although I am tired of it, I will never be one of the people to underestimate the power of this pandemic and disregard CDC guidelines. Those people don’t realize that in order to return to life before COVID, we have to follow the guidelines, wear masks, social distance, and limit gatherings. The people ignoring it are only prolonging the pandemic.

As someone who studies medicine and is working in the hospital with a floor devoted exclusively to COVID-19 patients, AND as someone who has lost two of my grandparents to COVID-19, i’m almost *jealous* of the lack of concern some folks have towards the pandemic. What has been especially difficult for me is seeing pictures of many of my peers (young adults) still engaging in pre-COVID activities (i.e. going to bars and crowded restaurants without masks….) I completely understand the need to socialize and the ongoing fatigue caused by very necessary regulations, but it’s honestly painful seeing folks engage in reckless activities that I know will only prolong this pandemic..

I couldn’t agree more!

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.