COVID-19

Hobbies

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Saleana Y
      Participant

What hobbies or fun things have you guys picked up over the last year or so? I’m looking to expand my hobbies!!

Aimee Buchanan
        Participant

One hobby that I have taken up is painting. I really enjoyed doing crafts as a kid, and I wanted to rekindle that childhood joy during the pandemic. I actually saw a lot of improvement and confidence in my abilities over the months. I also gave a lot of them away as gifts which was a win-win because it gave me a reason to paint, and it made my friends happy because it showed I was thinking about them. It felt really good to tap into my creative side more fully since I didn’t have to worry about other things, and I could just paint.

I also delved into other creative fields like knitting, latch hook rugs, and sewing. I made two dresses from scratch and a couple of masks for my friend and me. I learned to knit and worked on a latch hook rug that I started years ago but never finished. One thing I love about all these hobbies is that you get a tangible product at the end that you can say “I made that”. It was a huge source of pride and accomplishment for me which helped me a lot to get through the lockdown. Hopefully, they might help you as well!

Linda Helmick
          Participant

Hobbies.  Love them!  I have a handful but my faves are: photography and trail riding on ATV or UTV.  These aren’t new but I engaged in them more fully this year. Great question m!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.