Anxiety

Anxiety about Change

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Saleana Y
      Participant

Hello!

I’m beginning a stage in my life where I’m actively trying to change aspects of my life for the better, including my mental and emotional health, as well as my physical health. However, I’ve lived a certain way and I’m terrified that I’ll miss the comfort of the same lifestyle I’ve lived for years. Does anyone have any advice for undergoing a serious change in life?

Gia Jacks
        Participant

I can completely relate to this. I’m going through a similar process and it’s been tough. I like my routines and things that I’m used to because it gives me a sense of comfort, as well as a sense of control and ease. But if things were great and worked out for the better with how my life used to be, then I wouldn’t be trying to change at all. So I’ve just been kind of talking to myself and going through these “baby steps” of this transition. I think checking in with yourself for each “new/different” thing can be helpful. Because it’s all an adjustment and if you’re noticing the positive changes within yourself that you hope for, then the changes may not cause as much anxiety as time passes.

Hannah Frazier
          Participant

I can relate to this too. I have a hard time breaking from my “routine” but I know I need to do it so I can grow. I have to keep telling myself it’s going to be worth it. It’s also helpful to keep a planner and write down little accomplishments every week/month. I also have anxiety thinking about the changes I’m going to have to make in the future. I try not to worry about it now, but I can’t help it sometimes.

Christy Christopher
            Participant

When you think of a butterfly, safe in his cocoon, it takes struggle for the butterfly to emerge. Change is difficult and not an easy thing, yet remaining in the same place can sometimes be worse. Allow some healthy pain as an overhead to something better in the long run.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.