Anger

Share your story, thoughts, photos, videos, or comments.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      AllyU
      Keymaster

Everyone has a story; share yours in the forum. Everyone has had a positive experience to share with the world to help them. Got a favorite quote or poem? Share it here. Post pictures and videos too. Are you having a hard day? Post it in the forum for your Allies to lift you up with positive feedback.

Ashley Hicke
        Participant

How do you deal with anger management? Sometimes it feels like my brain has no control over my words/actions when I am angry. Is there anything that you have discovered is helpful to calming yourself down and dealing with anger in a productive way, rather than hurting yourself or others?

Susan Liu
          Participant

+1 to the above.

I ask myself if I will care about the thing I’m angry about 10 years in the future. Even though it can be so hard, I try to remove myself from the negative situation and distract myself with hobbies

I’m still practicing letting things go everyday, so it isn’t foolproof, but it’s a start

Andrea Lopez
            Participant

I am currently in the process of trying to get a grip on my anger, so I don’t have any kinds of tips but from recent experience, I have been taking deep breathes and walking away (if possible in the situation) when I feel I am becoming enraged. I know it sounds too simple, but it really does make a difference. I also have been trying to apply what Susan said about telling myself if this will matter in a couple of years. Although, I will admit I’m not quite there yet at times.

Gabriel Mayeden
              Participant

One way to control anger is to use the anger meter which runs from a scale of 1-10 with 1 being minimal intense of the anger stage and 10 representing intense anger. When one encounters a provocative event, the anger starts from low intensity and progressively run up the scale. Learning a coping mechanism to control the anger so that it doesn’t escalate to 10 can prevent the negative consequences that emanate from being angry. The strategy I use to control my anger is to take slow deep breathes with full concentration on my breath than anything else.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.