AllyU Community

Help with posting in the group forums

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      AllyU Webmaster
      Keymaster

If you are having issues posting replies or creating topics in the group forums, please reply to this topic with as much detail about the issue as you can.

AllyU Webmaster
        Keymaster

Firefox browser was not being consistent and seemed to jump around while editing fields during registration.

Rena
          Participant

Hi. I’ve been testing the site, posting under a few groups and so far my posts do not show up. Today (12/21) I posted topics under the “Culture” and “Faith/Religion” groups, and replied to a comment under “AllyU Community” group. On 12/16, I posted two topics under the “Faith/Religion” group and nothing shows up.

Is there something I’m doing incorrectly on my end? From now on, I’m keeping a Word document with what I’m trying to post, so that I can re-post at a later date/when this issue is fixed. Please let me know how I should proceed. Thanks!

AllyU Webmaster
            Keymaster

Thank you for your comments Rena.  We are looking into it and will get back to you.

AllyU Webmaster
              Keymaster

Hi Rena,

I am sorry for the problems you were having.  I did a thorough review of the posts and replies in the database and determined that there were several posts that were in pending status. (11699, 11700, 11719).  I moved them to publish status and it now shows up in the Faith/Religion community and the ‘Anything upcoming’ topic of the AllyU Community group.  Please take a look at the ‘Anything upcoming’ reply.  It seemed as if there was a lot of unknown text.  If you are copying a large amount from a word document, you may want to paste only the text and not the formatting.  As you can see on that post, the formatting appeared to be unknown to this forum’s capabilities.  After you paste the text you can apply any formatting you may need using the little icons at the top of the reply text box.

Again, I’m sorry for the confusion and the trouble you were having.  If the next post you submit does not show up immediately, please reply to this thread and it will notify me so I can look further.  Thank you and Merry Christmas and have a Happy New year!

Kimberly Borst
                Participant

the isue that I have is that there is no one really posting current. How can we test as a volunteer without current users.

AllyU Webmaster
                  Keymaster

You can insert photos using the last icon on the right above this text.  Right now you are constrained to only insert pictures that have a web address.  In this case, the web address for this photo is

https://allyu.org/wp-content/themes/thrive-nouveau-child/img/allyU_nfp-logo_tags.png

The Allyu Logo

I sized it to my liking of 201 pixels wide and 78 pixels high.

I can also add any wiki pictures like this one, again sizing to 512 wide by 266 high:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Municipal_Market_of_S%C3%A3o_Paulo_city.jpg/640px-Municipal_Market_of_S%C3%A3o_Paulo_city.jpg

Wilfredor, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0&gt;, via Wikimedia Commons

Municipal Market

AllyU Webmaster
                    Keymaster

If you try and copy and paste images from a word document with photos you might end up with:

===========================

Apply any special formatting with the icons above the text, like the Bold icon, but you would want to select some text to bold.

=====================================

That is because the picture is stored on your local C drive and does not actually paste the image, only the name.  A better approach would be to take a snippet using the Windows snipping tool to past that, like so:

Rena
                      Participant

Hi! Happy New Year and thank you for looking to my posts last month and for the helpful information!

I have encountered a few new issues that need to be addressed:

• Regarding my posts you referred to on 12/24 in your reply above, the links were not working and now they both go directly to the “Attending church via zoom” post by Lisa Meech.
                        • Also related to the above bullet, I posted a lengthy reply to Lisa’s question yesterday and it did not show up. Can you please see if it’s a similar issue to what happened to my two posts last month?
                        • A post I did today also under Faith/Religion shows lots of extra characters, probably because I inadvertently copied the formatted text (again!) and didn’t realize it. I’ve tried to edit it, but so far have been unsuccessful. How can I edit and fix the text for this post?

Thanks again for your help!

Rena
                        Participant

Well, as you’ll see above–I keep inadvertently posting formatted text. So sorry! My last question/issue is regarding something I posted in the Faith group about Christmas recycling. After it was posted, I noticed my mistake but I have not yet been able to edit the post.

Also, under the news feed area/ “Latest updates” scrolling on the right-hand side — several times the past few days I’ve click on an item and receive an error message “Page can’t be found.” See the following link for an example: https://allyu.org/allyu-members/alm3020/activity/1109/

Rena
                          Participant

Hi again. Another post of mine (under this group) didn’t show up. It was to let you know about an issue with links in the news feed section called “Latest updates” are not working. I keep getting an error that the page can’t be found. See the following example: https://allyu.org/allyu-members/alm3020/activity/1109/

Rena
                            Participant

Hi again. This is a test. I’ve tried to post about a new issue that I’ve encountered this week two times so far, and this is the third time.

On the right-hand side of the page where the scrolling news feed section is located called “Latest updates,” several times I’ve tried to click and link out to the related post, but an error often occurs. It says “404 Oops! That page can’t be found.” (I tried to post the link to the error two times, this time I’m testing it by not including the link.)

Thanks,

Rena

Louise
                              Participant

Then lets get this thing up and chatting 🙂

Louise
                                Participant

That above post is what happened when I used the ‘Reply #11777’ button

it doesn’t seem to link your reply or am I doing it wrong?

AllyU Webmaster
                                  Keymaster

Hi Louise,  this is a reply to 12007.  It’s also a test to see if the new threading feature is enabled.   It doesn’t appear to be formatting correctly so we may need  a little time to get it fully working. Thanks for your help in making this a better collaboration forum.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.