AllyU Community

Anything upcoming?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Karim Kulbekov
      Participant

During the holiday season it feels like big things weren’t accomplished as much this year for me as I’d like to believe. Does anyone else feel sadness in the air as the year ends? Anyway, I just wanted to know other people’s perspective of this.

Sheryl
        Participant

Yes, this year has been filled with much sadness for me. I don’t even feel like doing anything for the holidays. I was looking forward to getting together with friends and family but I live with someone who is immuno compromised and said no to having anyone come from outside our household. It takes everything in me just to wrap presents. Doing anything seems like walking thru mud.

Amy Tillman
          Participant

I understand what you are feeling. We are in a similar situation. What we decided to do is bake cookies and on Christmas eve we will deliver them to our friends and family. Socially distancing outside we will give them presents and cookies just for a little bit. We are actually looking forward to taking the trip to each families house to make the delivery. Maybe you can do something similar. If you dont have family or friends in the area, maybe try some shelters you can deliver some food or drop of items they may need. For me, nothing warms my heart more than by giving and puts me in the holiday spirit. Make a fun day cooking or baking with holiday music. During this time, we have to create our own happiness Ive learned, otherwise the sadness creeps in too much.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.